On Saturday, October 18th, the Town will hold a one-time yard waste drop off (if demand is high, we’ll consider a second day). You can bring leaves and brush to the Town Hall site between 9AM and Noon and Town staff will haul it away. The following rules will apply:
* You can bring your yard waste in bags but you will need to dump them out of the bags and take the bags back with you.
* You can also bring brush that is smaller than 12″ in diameter and 15′ in length.
* Trash, soil, or other debris will not be accepted.
* Please do not bring more than a regular truck load of yard waste (we need to be fair and keep costs down).
* Town staff cannot be responsible for unloading your vehicle.
* Yard waste can only be dropped off on the above day and time.
* This service is for individual Town of Verona residents only, not contractors.
* You will be asked to provide your name and address so we can gauge demand by location within the town.
These are the options currently available to you:
Dane County has a compost site open at 7102 Hwy. 12 & 18 one-half mile east of 1-90, and across from Yahara Hills Golf Course.
The hours are: M – F, 7:00 a.m. – 2:45 p.m. Saturday, 8:00am – 10:45am. There is no charge for non-woody yard waste. Brush and other waste are not accepted.
Burning is allowed within the Town of Verona. We ask that you notify the Verona Fire Department (845-9401) when you plan to burn.
Home composting is also an option. Let the Town office know if you are interested in a group presentation on how to compost.
Landscape companies can be contracted to pick up your yard waste and brush.