Re: Spring Primary – Tuesday, February 21, 2017 (if necessary)
Spring Election – Tuesday, April 4, 2017
On April 4TH, 2017 there will be an election held in the Town of Verona for the offices of Town Chair, 1st and 2nd Supervisors currently held by Town Chair Mark Geller, Laura Dreger and Mike Duerst.
Each of the following forms (attached) must be completed and filed on time in order for your name to be placed on the ballot for the 2016 Spring Election. Will need to start circulating nomination papers between December 1, 2016 and January 3, 2017.
Complete in full and file the:
1. ETHCF-1 Campaign Registration Statement ethcf_1_campaign_registration_statement_rev_2016_78379
2. EL-162 Declaration of Candidacy el_162_declaration_of_candidacy_rev_2016_07_pdf_14808
3. EL-169 Nomination Paper for Nonpartisan Office – We recommend a total of 30 signatures in case that there are some deficiencies that would disqualify. All signatures will be verified by the Clerk. el_169_nomination_paper_for_nonpartisan_office_fil_31957
4. ETHCF-2a Campaign Finance No-Activity Report ethcf-2a_2016_final_fillable
5. EL-151 Nomination Paper Receipt el_151_nomination_paper_receipt_pdf_73818-1
You may print off the above attached forms or stop by the Town office at 335 N. Nine Mound Rd to pick up a nomination packet – (Mo-Fri) 8am-2pm.
When the original nomination papers are turned in……. DELIVER IN PERSON original nomination papers only……. (no photocopies, faxes or emailed documents),
will be accepted. We will do a ‘cursory review’ to determine……..
• That the top is filled out completely and accurately.
• There are signatures (whether legible or not).
• The elector’s address is in the Town of Verona.
• All electors sign within the circulation period.
• Certification has been completed and dated by the circulator and that the cert date is on or after the latest date of a signer.
NOTE: The DOC does not require a Notary Seal but you will need to get down to the Bank and have someone witness your signature.
• If you are a new resident, recently changed your name or address or have never voted before in the Town of Verona, please complete a Voter Registration Application. This application is available at the Town Office Mon-Fri 8am-2pm OR on our website www.town.verona.wi.us OR can register online using www.myvote.wi.gov.
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER:
Monday, December 1, 2016 First day to circulate nomination papers.
Friday, December 23, 2016 Last day to file notification of non-candidacy. (EL-163).
Tuesday, January 3, 2017 Last day for candidates to file Campaign Registration Statement, Declaration of Candidacy, Nomination Papers,Campaign Finance Report and Nomination Paper Receipt. (5:00 p.m.)
Dear Town Residents:
From all of us at the Town office….just writing to wish you and yours a Happy and Safe Thanksgiving Holiday.
We want you to know how sincerely grateful we are for the opportunity you have allowed us to provide services to you.
The Town of Verona office will be closed Thursday and Friday – Nov 24th & 25th of this week so we may spend time with our loved ones.
As always, if you need support – or services throughout the Holiday weekend… simply call 911 if the incident is an emergency.
If not in immediate danger, call the Dane Co. Communications Center – the non-emergency number at 255-2345 to report
any incidents as they are happening.
Tammy, Amanda, John, Mark
Town Residents and Other Interested Parties,
You may have heard that the Town of Verona is building a new town hall and associated buildings on County Highway PD. The construction is going well and will be complete by the end of 2016!
More details about the move will be available soon, but for now I wanted to let you know that the current town hall is for sale.
We have listed the property with Robert Carpenter of First Weber Commercial Real Estate and details about the property can be found at http://www.firstweber.com/homes/1790635_SCWMLS-335_N_Nine_Mound_Road-Verona-WI-53593.
A buyer could opt to:
1) Keep the property in the Town’s jurisdiction and operate a business under the current Dane County Limited Commercial zoning (for more details about what is allowed in that zoning go to https://danedocs.countyofdane.com/webdocs/PDF/plandev/zoning/district_fact_sheets/LC-1.pdf),
2) Ask for the property to be annexed into the City of Verona and operate a business under the City’s zoning regulations, or
3) Demolish the buildings and redevelop the site. This would likely involve annexation into the City and a public review process would be involved.
I thought this might be interesting to you for two reasons. First, there’s the chance that a town resident or business owner could be interested in the site. Second, I know many residents have spent a lot of time in the Town Hall over the years and I thought you might be interested in the plans for it. It’s a nice little building and I personally hope that it gets reused or redeveloped for something really interesting.
Submitted By: Amanda Arnold – Town Planner /Administrator – 608-845-7187
Dec 3, 2016 from 9am-1pm – 3939 Lien Rd, Madison. More information click -
The Town of Verona will hold budget hearings for the general operations and for the utility district on November 22nd. The Utility District meeting will begin at 6:00 p.m. and the discussion of the general town budget will begin at 7:00 p.m. Both meetings will be held at 335 N. Nine Mound Road, Verona, WI 53593.
You are welcome to attend and learn about the budget plans for 2017 and provide comments.
Submitted By: Amanda Arnold, AICP – Planner/Administrator 845-7187
potential future land uses in this area. Others who are interested are welcome to attend as well.
The Town will host a meeting focusing on “Area 5” which includes land east of County Highway PB west of the City of Fitchburg line, north of Purcell Road, and south of portions of the City of Verona (see the map below).
The information discussed will be used to update of the future land use map that will be part of the Town of Verona Comprehensive Plan. Please note that surveys were just sent out to the next area, and another input meeting for “Area 6” will be held on December 13th. Meetings on the whole comprehensive plan will follow in several months.
A possible quorum of the Town of Verona Board of Supervisors, Plan Commission and/or Public Works, Ordinance, Natural and Recreational Areas, and Financial Sustainability Committees could occur at this meeting. The meeting will be for information gathering only and no formal action will be taken. If you have questions, please feel free to call or email Amanda Arnold, AICP Planner/Administrator at 845-7187 or email@example.com.
The Town of Verona reports 1,300 total ballots cast for Wards 1-4. Ward 1 (Assembly District 79) had 423 total ballots cast. Wards 2,3, &4 (Assembly District 80) had 877 total ballots cast.
There were zero (0) total outstanding Provisional Ballots for Ward 1. There was one (1) outstanding Provisional Ballot at the close of the polls on November 8, 2016 for Ward 2.