ELECTIONS AND VOTING–If you have any questions, feel free to contact the Clerk, John Wright, at email@example.com or the Deputy Clerk, Tammy Dresser, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Town Office number is (608) 845-7187.
- November 6, 2018 General Election
- August 14, 2018 Partisan Primary
- April 3, 2018 Spring Election
- February 20, 2018 Spring Primary
- April 4, 2017 Spring Election
Watch Chad Vader wrestle with Proof of Identification:
Watch Chad Vader wrestle with the new Optical Scanner:
- Map of Wisconsin Assembly and Congressional Districts: http://maps.legis.wisconsin.gov/#
- ID Card Petition Process (English)
- ID Card Petition Process (Spanish)
- How to Obtain Identity Cards
- Acceptable Photo Identifications
- Photo ID issued by Veteran’s Administration
- Photo ID information: http://bringit.wisconsin.gov/
- Link for obtaining a free State-issued ID: http://www.dot.wisconsin.gov/drivers/drivers/apply/idcard.htm
- Link for obtaining a free State-issued ID without a Birth Certificate: http://www.dot.wisconsin.gov/drivers/drivers/apply/petition-process.htm
- EL-131 Application for Voter Registration (English)
- EL-131 Application for Voter Registration (Spanish)
- Authorization to CANCEL a previous voter registration
- EL-121 Application for an Absentee Ballot (English)
- EL-121 Application for an Absentee Ballot (Spanish)
- EL-116 Instructions for First Time Wisconsin Voters (English)
- EL-116 Instructions for First Time Wisconsin Voters (Spanish)
- EL-129 Authorization to Serve as an Election Inspector, High School Students
- Town of Verona Poll Worker Application
- DS-200 training w 188.8.131.52 update compressed
- Optical Scan Voting Equipment and Ballot Style Changes in 2014
- Voter Photo ID Requirement
The polling place for residents of the Town is the Town Hall, 7669 County Highway PD, Verona .WI. Polls are open from 7:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m. on election day. To conform with (HAVA) Help Americans Vote Act, additional information is required of “first time voters” when processing a registration application on election day. Since April of 2014, Proof of Residency is required for Wisconsin Voter Registration Applications received after this period.
The Town of Verona requires voter registration. To look up your voter registration, voter history, polling place and address check out https://myvote.wi.gov/.
++EARLY VOTING ++
The state of Wisconsin provides for the opportunity to vote a ballot by ‘absentee’ or ‘early voting’. A “registered” voter (see the above mentioned website to obtain forms to register as a voter in the Town of Verona or contact the Town Office if unsure) should submit a written request to obtain a ballot from the Office of the Clerk, Town of Verona – 7669 County Highway PD. Verona WI 53593. The ballot and voting instructions will be mailed or emailed to the applicant at the address/email address listed on the application form. Ballots are available for early voting approximately thirty (30) days prior to every election. Use the links above for Voter Registration and Absentee Ballot forms found above.
The Town of Verona electorate uses the “Automark” system of voting. Demonstrations for marking this type of ballot are available on election day. Upon request, a sample ballot is available approximately thirty (30) days prior to every election. Contact the Town Clerk.
DOCUMENTS FOR RUNNING FOR ELECTED OFFICE