Town Property Assessments
In 2019, Associated Appraisal will be conducting an Interim Market Update for all real estate in the Town of Verona. Below is an explanation provided by your assessor Nick Laird:
Associated Appraisal Consultants, Inc. will soon begin a community wide market update in the Town of Verona. The market update is a complete and thorough review of assessments to ensure that property is assessed at market value. Market value can be defined as the probable price that a careful, willing buyer would pay for a property on the open market without restrictions or special considerations. Properties change, markets change. Buyers and sellers create the market; the assessor’s job is to reflect those markets in the assessments. The purpose of the market update is not to raise taxes but rather to provide a fair distribution of the property tax burden based on the market value of each property.
In the coming months, representatives from Associated will begin their fieldwork – inspecting properties within the town that have had a recent sale/purchase or have pulled a recent building permit. Field Staff carry photo identification badges and an inspection authorization letter from the town. All vehicles used during the market update are red in color and have the Associated Appraisal logo on them.
Fieldwork consists of physically viewing structures, digitally photographing exteriors, and, if applicable, requesting an interior walk through to view quality of construction and verify data such as number of rooms. The interior inspection takes approximately 10 -15 minutes. If you are not at home at the time of the initial inspection, a “call back” door hanger will be left at your property giving you our number to call to set an inspection appointment that is convenient for you.
Once all data is compiled and new values are set according to methods prescribed in the State of Wisconsin, Department of Revenue Assessment Manuals, property owners will receive notices of assessment in the mail. The notice will indicate the date(s) and time(s) for the Open Book, an informal and informative one-on-one meeting with the assessors to discuss how the value was reached. All values established during the revaluation will be available for inspection and comparison. Any errors that may have occurred can be resolved at the Open Book. If a property owner still does not agree with their property’s established value after attending the Open Book session, they will have an opportunity to attend the Board of Review to formally contest it. The date and time of the Board of Review is also on the assessment notice.
Questions may be directed to Associated Appraisal Consultants, Inc. at
920-749-1995 Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. A knowledgeable, willing staff is standing ready to assist all inquiries and concerns.
We look forward to working with you to complete a successful revaluation program for the Town of Verona.
The property tax information for all Town of Verona parcels is now available at no charge, online at http://www.assessordata.org/. To assist you in navigating around the site, please click on the following: Assessor Data Instructions.
The Town’s Assessor is Nick Laird. To schedule an appointment to meet with the assessor, call Associated Appraisal at 800-721-4157. Board of Review is scheduled for Thursday, August , starting at 6:00 PM. Open Book has yet to be scheduled.
- Board of Review Notice 2018
- 2018 Open Book Notice
- Open Book and Board of Review
- Use Value Conversion Charges for 2018
- May 31 2018 BOR agenda rev 4 26 2018
- 2018 Report of 2017 Calendar Year Ag Conversion Charges
- June 1 2017 BOR agenda
- 2017 Open Book Notice
- Board of Review Notice 2017
- 2017 Agricultural Land Conversion Charge
- 2017 Use Value Guidelines
- 2016 Open Book Notice
- 2016 Open Book and Board of Review
- 2016 Board of Review Notice
- June 2 2016 BOR agenda
- Access Dane provides information on Town of Verona Parcels
Searches can be made by name, address, legal description, or the parcel number.
Access Dane Questions and Answers
Information on the County of Dane’s Access Dane system might provide useful information on the assessment and taxation of lands located within the County.
- 2019 Property Assessment Appeal Guide for WI Real Property Owners
- 2019 Guide for Board of Review Members
- 2019 Guide for Property Owners
- 2019 Agricultural Assessment Guide for WI Property Owners
- 2019 Tax 18 Conservation Programs
- Request to Testify by Telephone or Submit a Sworn Written Statement at the Board of Review
- Objection to Real Property Assessment revised 10 2018
- Objection to Personal Property Assessment revised 10 2018
- Board of Review Proceedings per 70.47 of Wisconsin Statutes
- Board of Review Commonly Asked Questions
- Board of Review Frequently Asked Questions