needs to be submitted to the Town office at least 45 days prior to the requested date(s) for consideration by Verona Town Chair Mark Geller.
(Some things to know before filling out the application.)
- The applicant’s name, permanent residence address and telephone number. (New — A copy of the driver’s license shall be attached to the application.)
- The name, address and telephone number of any business entity on whose behalf the applicant is applying.
- The address or other location description of the property where the permitted activities will be conducted.
- Specific identification of the products used in the permitted activity.
- A permit issued is not transferable from person to person or from one location to another.
- No permit shall be issued to any person under the age of 18 years.
- Smoking and the use of matches, lighters or other flame or spark producing devices shall not be allowed in or within 25 feet of any fireworks storage area, outdoor tent or firework display areas requiring a permit. “No Smoking” signs shall be posted accordingly.
- At least one portable fire extinguisher approved by a certified extinguisher inspector shall be located with 50 feet of all fireworks storage or display areas requiring a permit.
- Town Board Chair Mark Geller may impose any conditions deemed reasonably necessary to assure the permitted activities conform to the representations contained in the application.
- A permit card will be issued and shall be prominently displayed at the site of the permitted activities at all times.
- The Town will forward a copy of the permit to the Dane Co. Sheriff’s office and the Verona Fire Department at least two days before the date of authorized use.
- Any law enforcement officer, the Verona Fire Chief or any other fire inspector may immediately suspend any permit issued if he or she finds a violation of the the terms of the permit governing the safe and lawful sale, storage, use or handling of fireworks.
- Application to Display Fireworks fillable