Re: Spring Primary – Tuesday, February 21, 2017 (if necessary)
Spring Election – Tuesday, April 4, 2017
On April 4TH, 2017 there will be an election held in the Town of Verona for the offices of Town Chair, 1st and 2nd Supervisors currently held by Town Chair Mark Geller, Laura Dreger and Mike Duerst.
Each of the following forms (attached) must be completed and filed on time in order for your name to be placed on the ballot for the 2016 Spring Election. Will need to start circulating nomination papers between December 1, 2016 and January 3, 2017.
Complete in full and file the:
1. ETHCF-1 Campaign Registration Statement ethcf_1_campaign_registration_statement_rev_2016_78379
2. EL-162 Declaration of Candidacy el_162_declaration_of_candidacy_rev_2016_07_pdf_14808
3. EL-169 Nomination Paper for Nonpartisan Office – We recommend a total of 30 signatures in case that there are some deficiencies that would disqualify. All signatures will be verified by the Clerk. el_169_nomination_paper_for_nonpartisan_office_fil_31957
4. ETHCF-2a Campaign Finance No-Activity Report ethcf-2a_2016_final_fillable
5. EL-151 Nomination Paper Receipt el_151_nomination_paper_receipt_pdf_73818-1
You may print off the above attached forms or stop by the Town office at 335 N. Nine Mound Rd to pick up a nomination packet – (Mo-Fri) 8am-2pm.
When the original nomination papers are turned in……. DELIVER IN PERSON original nomination papers only……. (no photocopies, faxes or emailed documents),
will be accepted. We will do a ‘cursory review’ to determine……..
• That the top is filled out completely and accurately.
• There are signatures (whether legible or not).
• The elector’s address is in the Town of Verona.
• All electors sign within the circulation period.
• Certification has been completed and dated by the circulator and that the cert date is on or after the latest date of a signer.
NOTE: The DOC does not require a Notary Seal but you will need to get down to the Bank and have someone witness your signature.
• If you are a new resident, recently changed your name or address or have never voted before in the Town of Verona, please complete a Voter Registration Application. This application is available at the Town Office Mon-Fri 8am-2pm OR on our website www.town.verona.wi.us OR can register online using www.myvote.wi.gov.
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER:
Monday, December 1, 2016 First day to circulate nomination papers.
Friday, December 23, 2016 Last day to file notification of non-candidacy. (EL-163).
Tuesday, January 3, 2017 Last day for candidates to file Campaign Registration Statement, Declaration of Candidacy, Nomination Papers,Campaign Finance Report and Nomination Paper Receipt. (5:00 p.m.)