Thank you for your patience as the Town has been working out a plan for how to deal with the debris from Monday night’s storm. As you may know, the Town does not have regular yard waste pick up, so we’ve had to develop a plan for this situation.
Right now the Town is working with the City of Verona to remove trees from Cross Country Rd, which is the hardest hit road. In the coming days, the Town staff will work on brush pick up on the side streets in that area (Hula Dr., Cross Country Circle, and Startdust Trail).
If you have storm related yard waste and building debris that needs to be disposed of, here are some of your options moving forward:
- If you are making an insurance claim, your insurer will likely pay for the removal of debris. Please pursue this option if possible since the Town staff cannot remove trees/debris off private property. In addition, the Town will have to end our pick up by next Friday, June 27th.
- As mentioned above, the Town staff will continue clean up in the hardest hit area. If you move brush and building debris to the curb in two separate piles , the Town staff will pick up it up. A dumpster is being placed at the end of Hula Drive for building debris only.
- If you only have a little construction debris and can fit it into your trash cart, Pelletteri will take it with your regular trash pick up.
- Two dumpsters, one for yard waste and one for building debris, will be placed at Town Hall (335 N. Nine Mound Rd) soon. Residents throughout the Town are welcome to use these dumpsters through next Friday, June 27th. Please follow these instructions for the dumpsters:
- Don’t mix building debris and yard waste.
- Yard waste cannot include branches/trunks greater than 16” in diameter.
- The building debris must only be building debris, not appliances and such.
If you have questions, please feel free to contact Town Hall at 845-7187.