Established in 1847, the Town of Verona is a local unit of government within the County of Dane in the southern part of the state of Wisconsin. The Town is on the southwestern edge of Madison — Wisconsin's State Capital. The town of Verona has an estimated 2019 population of 1,998 and is part of the Verona Area School District.
Search Our Site
Town of Verona
7669 County Highway PD
Verona, WI 53593
8:00am – 2:00pm M-F
Monthly Archives: September 2014
One Time Yard Waste Drop Off
On Saturday, October 18th, the Town will hold a one-time yard waste drop off (if demand is high, we’ll consider a second day). You can bring leaves and brush to the Town Hall site between 9AM and Noon and Town staff will haul it away. The following rules will apply:
* You can bring your yard waste in bags but you will need to dump them out of the bags and take the bags back with you.
* You can also bring brush that is smaller than 12″ in diameter and 15′ in length.
* Trash, soil, or other debris will not be accepted.
* Please do not bring more than a regular truck load of yard waste (we need to be fair and keep costs down).
* Town staff cannot be responsible for unloading your vehicle.
* Yard waste can only be dropped off on the above day and time.
* This service is for individual Town of Verona residents only, not contractors.
* You will be asked to provide your name and address so we can gauge demand by location within the town.
PublishedSeptember 24, 2014
What to do with Yard Waste
These are the options currently available to you:
Dane County has a compost site open at 7102 Hwy. 12 & 18 one-half mile east of 1-90, and across from Yahara Hills Golf Course.
The hours are: M – F, 7:00 a.m. – 2:45 p.m. Saturday, 8:00am – 10:45am. There is no charge for non-woody yard waste. Brush and other waste are not accepted.
Burning is allowed within the Town of Verona. We ask that you notify the Verona Fire Department (845-9401) when you plan to burn.
Home composting is also an option. Let the Town office know if you are interested in a group presentation on how to compost.
Landscape companies can be contracted to pick up your yard waste and brush.